MacKillop College is a secondary school of the St Agnes' Parish. Staff, students and families from MacKillop College are immersed in a variety of ministries within the St Agnes' Parish and wider Lismore Diocese.
The St Agnes' Parish Youth United:
Within the Parish there are a variety of Youth Ministry endeavours which are held throughout the year, providing young people with the opportunity for regular faith formation. These initiatives are open to the whole community, and we invite all young people to be part of the Youth United Movement.
- The Youth and Family Mass takes place at the St Agnes' Church at 5:00p.m each Sunday. This is an opportunity for families and youth to come together to celebrate a contemporary style Mass. MacKillop College students often contribute to this. 'Kids Church' also occurs at this time, where all primary school aged children are invited to scripture related activities outside the traditional format.
- 'Encounter' is the local youth group run by the Youth Ministry Officers. Encounter takes place at 6:00p.m on Sunday following the Mass. Participants share a meal and have fun with games and activities, there is also a focus on a topic concerning young people's faith as well as some time spent in prayer and reflection.
- 'Rugrats' is a social youth group for primary school students led by high school volunteers on Friday afternoon. The afternoon consists of games, dinner and social time, starting at 4:00p.m at the Youth Hub, concluding at 7:00p.m.
- There are also special events throughout the year such as the ONE.LIFE Youth Rally, Parish retreats and various conferences around Australia and across the world.
Join us on our social media platforms to see what we're about and stay up to date with what's happening:
- Join our Facebook group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/encounterport/?fref=nf
- Follow us on Instagram - Encounter_pmac
There are two main youth ministry initiatives at MacKillop College.
- Catholic School's Youth Ministry Australia (CSYMA) classes. Year 9 and 10 students have the opportunity to participate in CSYMA classes where they are encouraged to explore their faith, serve the community and participate more fully in the life of the Church.
- Lunchtime groups run at the College throughout the year. These include 'JOLT' (Jesus Over Lunch Time) for senior students and 'Lighthouse' for junior students. These groups provide an opportunity for students to socialise, ask questions and grow in their faith.
Proclaim Lismore Students:
Students at the College are invited to be a part of the Proclaim Lismore Students Movement. Proclaim Lismore Students provides a number of programs, retreats and conferences that are tailored for specific year groups and provide life changing experiences.
More information can be found online.